Are you a Big Brother fan & at least 18 years old? Do you love to compete? Have you ever thought that you would be a great contestant on the show?
If you answered “yes” to any of those questions, sign up to enter a drawing to play our version of the TV show by calling (225) 231-3726 or emailing email@example.com.
Come watch The Santa Clause with us at the Main Library on Goodwood next Friday, December 21st. The movie will start at 7 PM.
It’s that time of year again, and Hugo Kringle (Santa’s younger brother, played by Mike Anderson the Dulcimer Guy) is coming to town! He’ll be at the Library this month to serenade children ages 3-9 with popular holiday songs and stories of growing up with the boy who would become Santa Claus. Registration is required for all. To register, call the Children’s Room at the Library location directly.
Here’s the schedule:
- 10 a.m. Thursday, December 13, Carver Branch
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, December 13, Eden Park Branch
- 10 a.m. Monday, December 17, Scotlandville Branch
- 2:30 p.m. Monday, December 17, Fairwood Branch
- 6:30 p.m. Monday, December 17, Jones Creek Regional Branch
- 10 a.m. Tuesday, December 18, Zachary Branch
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, December 18, Central Branch
- 10 a.m. Wednesday, December 19, Main Library at Goodwood
- 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, December 19, Pride-Chaneyville Branch
The Louisiana Art & Science Museum’s (LASM) Discover Dome is coming to all library branches again this year for a special free presentation for children of all ages!
Be prepared to be amazed at Let It Snow!, a show that features a variety of festive classics like tunes by Frank Sinatra, Chuck Berry, Burl Ives and Brenda Lee. This family friendly soundtrack is visually enhanced with full dome animation, laser imagery and special effects in the audio/visual setting of the Discovery Dome. Attendees also will enjoy a stunning multi-media finale by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Each branch will host four 30-minute shows.
Here are the remaining locations and times:
- Monday, December 10th – Main Library at Goodwood – 4-7 PM (TEENS ONLY)
- Tuesday, December 11th – Baker Branch Library – 3-6 PM
- Wednesday, December 12th – Zachary Branch Library – 10 AM – 1 PM
- Thursday, December 13th – River Center Branch Library – 8:30-11 AM
- Thursday, December 13th – Central Branch Library – 3-6 PM
- Friday, December 14th – Scotlandville Branch Library – 2-5 PM
- Monday, December 17th – Carver Branch Library – 4-7 PM
- Tuesday, December 18th – Main Library at Goodwood – 2:30-5:30 PM
- Wednesday, December 19th – Jones Creek Regional Branch Library – 3-6 PM
- Thursday, December 20th – Eden Park Branch Library – 3-6 PM
Your East Baton Rouge Parish Library is proud to partner with BlinkJar Media to present Get Your Business Online with Google, a free program specifically tailored for local small businesses. Google is spending the money and resources to send Google’s National Trainer, Sixcia Devine, to Baton Rouge to discuss directly with business owners the Ultimate Marketing Playbook for Using Google.
Join Google, Simply-360, and BlinkJar Media for this one time opportunity on December 13, 2018, at the Main Library on Goodwood. The event starts at 8:30 AM. Breakfast and lots of coffee will be served.
Make sure to RSVP online! The first 75 RSVP-ers get awesome Google swag!
Did you know Lynda offers classes in soft skills, too? This month’s popular classes are almost all about customer service. Get the tools you need to become a better manager FREE with your library card! You can find Lynda in the Digital Library, and access it from anywhere with your library card number. Here are the ten most popular classes:
- Customer Service Foundations (2014)
- Communication Foundations (2013)
- Effective Listening
- Writing Customer Service Emails
- Excel 2016 Essential Training
- Time Management Fundamentals
- Phone-Based Customer Service
- Customer Service: Creating Customer Value
- Photoshop CC 2018 Essential Training: The Basics
Join us next Monday, December 3rd, starting at noon, to learn more about how Reference USA can help you grow your business! This free resource is available from anywhere with your East Baton Rouge Parish library card. You can use Reference USA to identify sales prospects, create customized marketing lists, gather competitive business intelligence, and more! To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Today is a great day for Black Friday Christmas shopping, but don’t forget – tomorrow is Small Business Saturday, a day to celebrate local small businesses and entrepreneurs in your community!
Looking for something in particular? Use Reference USA to search for all kinds of businesses in Baton Rouge, or even in your zip code! You can filter an advanced search by number of employees, sales volume, and more. Keep your money local, and Shop Small this November 24th.
Own your own small business? Contact EBRPL’s Small Business Services for a free consultation on how library resources can help you grow!
The library will close this evening at 6 PM for the Thanksgiving holiday, and will be closed tomorrow as well. Normal hours resume on Friday. In the meantime, the digital library is always open! Happy Thanksgiving, Baton Rouge!