On Tuesday, June 16, OverDrive released the new version of OverDrive® Media Console. Nearly all OverDrive WMA audiobooks in our download collection are now compatible with the iPod®, iPhoneT, iPod touch®, and iPod nano®, as well as Zune® and thousands of other portable devices! All YOU need to do is download and install the OverDrive Media Console upgrade.
Premier publishers like Random House Audio, Hachette Audio, Penguin Audio, BBC Audiobooks America, Brilliance Audio, Tantor Media, and many more, have allowed this new capability for all of their WMA Audiobooks on OverDrive. Best sellers such as Stephenie Meyer’s “Twilight,” Malcolm Gladwell’s “Outliers,” John Grisham’s “The Appeal,” and Chuck Palahniuk’s “Pygmy” will soon become iPod-compatible, along with highly-anticipated releases like Dan Brown’s “The Lost Symbol” and Tami Hoag’s “The Trouble with J.J.”
The new version of OverDrive Media Console also offers several highly requested features, which will allow you to:
- Send MP3 audiobooks to the iTunes® Library with Transfer Wizard.
- Burn audiobook parts to CD in just a few clicks using Burn Wizard–on all supported Windows operating systems.
- Perform a test burn.
- Enjoy a new playback option wherein OverDrive Media Console automatically resumes playback from the most recently played point.
- Let OverDrive Media Console alert them of software releases and news about the software–automatically.
- With iTunes v220.127.116.11 (or newer) in place, use Transfer Wizard to send titles to the iPod shuffle®.
So if you haven’t tried Overdrive because you thought it wasn’t compatible with your i-Device, download the new Overdrive Media Console now and start listening to your favorite authors on your iPod or iPhone NOW!