The official hours for trick-or-treating in East Baton Rouge Parish on Monday, October 31st are from 6pm-8pm. Young ghouls will be roaming the streets collecting treats, so be sure to watch out if you’re driving around town.
The Baton Rouge Police Department have offered the following safety tips:
- Never allow children to trick-or-treat without adult supervision.
- Always stay in groups.
- Use sidewalks and stay out of the street whenever possible.
- Wear reflective clothing or bright costumes.
- Trick-or-treat only in familiar neighborhoods.
- Do not allow children to eat candy or treats until thoroughly checked by an adult.
- Call police if any suspicious activity occurs, or if candy is suspected to be tainted.
- Residents are urged to hand out only manufactured, sealed candy.
Happy Halloween from the Library!