Thanks to everyone who came to our Game of Thrones Extravaganza last Friday! We had a great turnout, and we were thrilled to see each and every one of you. If you sat this one out, you should check out the pictures on Facebook – they’ll motivate you to come to the next one!
There’s a rumor going around that the final season of Game of Thrones might not air for two full years. That’s a fully bonkers amount of time to remember who any of these characters even are – and if you don’t keep your mind in tip-top epic fantasy plot-remembering shape, there’s no way you’ll be able to remember who the good guys are when it all starts up again. So here are some read-alike series to tide you over while you wait!
Here are four ongoing series to keep you in delicious suspense while you wait for what happens next (all the links go to the first book):
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin 😉
- The Broken Earth by N.K. Jemisin
- The Dragon’s Legacy by Deborah A. Wolf
- Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss
And four that are already complete, if you’re tired of the torture of an unfinished story:
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson
- The Long War by A.J. Smith
- The Belgariad by David Eddings
While you wait out the weather, you can look for all of these and more on the Digital Library!