This year’s Mini Maker Faire will have our first ever fashion show, and we want you to be a part of it! If you make your own clothes or make wearable art or wearable technology, apply today to walk the runway. Cosplayers also welcome! Here are the categories you can sign up for:
- Wearable Art – Fashion as art! Any designed piece of clothing that is meant to be worn as fine art, rather than as daywear.
- Upcycled – Sustainable fashion is helped by all kinds of things, like reusing or remaking old or thrifted items; using fabrics made out of recycled materials; even straight-up making clothes and/or accessories out of otherwise disposable or recyclable materials.
- Ready to Wear – Do you design your own wardrobe? Are you working on a clothing line? Come show it off!
- Super Techy Wear – Fashion that includes significant electronic equipment, such as LEDs, motion sensors, voice activation, etc.
- Cosplay/Costume – who’s your favorite character? If you design and make your own cosplay, come show us your work!