East Baton Rouge Parish Library is pleased to join in the announcement of a local author contest that will accept submissions of adult and young adult fiction, to be recognized as the top indie-published eBooks in Louisiana. The application will open on Thursday, April 1st.
Winners in each category will receive $500 as well as:
- Inclusion in Indie Louisiana, a digital collection of local authors on BiblioBoard Library
- Honors at the 2021 spring IAP Reception
- Opportunities to promote the winning title at Louisiana public libraries
- Inclusion in a full page spread in Library Journal, one of America’s oldest and most renowned trade publications for library news
- Opportunities to earn royalties through the IAP Select collection
For indie-published authors, the contest is a fantastic prospect to elevate their careers and expand their readership. Along with the accolade of the award and its perks, being recognized by librarians creates credibility and visibility in the growing marketplace of digital content and indie-published books. Winning authors will reach hundreds if not thousands of new readers via the library, and can also leverage being an award-winning indie author for additional marketing opportunities.
EBRPL is excited for this opportunity to connect with local indie authors and support them with digital resources on self-publishing, marketing, and more.
Each book that is submitted to the contest must be:
- In the category of adult or young adult fiction
- Written by a Louisiana resident
- Available in either PDF or ePUB format
The contest will accept submissions April 1, 2020 through May 31, 2020. Authors can submit at indieauthorproject.librariesshare.com/Louisiana.