Join us for an informational session next Thursday, January 24th, on Gale’s small business resources, available free to you through EBRPL.
- Gale Small Business Builder: A step-by-step online planning tool for starting, managing and optimizing a business or nonprofit. The program’s intuitive dashboard walks users through five areas of exploration to develop a business plan focused on long-term success.
- Gale Small Business Resource Center: Covers all aspects of starting and operating a business, including accounting, finance, human resources, management, marketing, tax, and more.
- Gale Legal Forms: Offers legal forms that are state-specific. Many of the forms are available in Word or Adobe format and can be edited and used with minor modifications to suit users’ needs by simply “filling in the blanks” with relevant and accurate information. Completed sample forms are also included.
A lunch will be provided by our friends from Gale.
For more information, email email@example.com or call (225) 231-3750.
Find Gale Courses and other resources for starting your own small business in the Digital Library, or set up a free one-on-one consultation with our Small Business Services department by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Gifts have been given, and it’s time to get yourself a little something – why not pick up a new skill for free with Lynda? Lynda’s online classes are self-directed, and when you’ve created a free account with your library card number, you can learn anywhere you can connect to the internet. Now offering both hard and soft skills, you can learn how to spruce up your small business’s website or become more confident in your managerial skills, all from one convenient site. Here are the most popular courses in East Baton Rouge this month:
- Writing Customer Service Emails
- Excel 2016 Essential Training
- Building Resilience
- Time Management Fundamentals
- Serving Customers Using Social Media
- Phone Based Customer Service
- Working with Upset Customers
- CISSP Cert Prep: 1 Security and Risk Management
- CompTIA Security+ (SYO-501) Cert Prep: 1 Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities
- Troubleshooting Common PC Issues for Users
Your East Baton Rouge Parish Library is proud to partner with BlinkJar Media to present Get Your Business Online with Google, a free program specifically tailored for local small businesses. Google is spending the money and resources to send Google’s National Trainer, Sixcia Devine, to Baton Rouge to discuss directly with business owners the Ultimate Marketing Playbook for Using Google.
Join Google, Simply-360, and BlinkJar Media for this one time opportunity on December 13, 2018, at the Main Library on Goodwood. The event starts at 8:30 AM. Breakfast and lots of coffee will be served.
Make sure to RSVP online! The first 75 RSVP-ers get awesome Google swag!
Join us next Monday, December 3rd, starting at noon, to learn more about how Reference USA can help you grow your business! This free resource is available from anywhere with your East Baton Rouge Parish library card. You can use Reference USA to identify sales prospects, create customized marketing lists, gather competitive business intelligence, and more! To register, please email email@example.com.
Today is a great day for Black Friday Christmas shopping, but don’t forget – tomorrow is Small Business Saturday, a day to celebrate local small businesses and entrepreneurs in your community!
Looking for something in particular? Use Reference USA to search for all kinds of businesses in Baton Rouge, or even in your zip code! You can filter an advanced search by number of employees, sales volume, and more. Keep your money local, and Shop Small this November 24th.
Own your own small business? Contact EBRPL’s Small Business Services for a free consultation on how library resources can help you grow!
This great workshop from the Career Center will teach you how to find reliable sources of income you can find at home! Please call (225) 231-3733 or go online to register.
Do you want to grow your small business? Join us Monday, June 18th, at 11:30 AM for a lunch and learn session with ReferenceUSA. With ReferenceUSA, you can do all kinds of sales and marketing research, learn about other businesses in your area, and more! A light lunch will be served. For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take your business to the next level can be intimidating. What do your customers want, and where do they want to go to get it? Where’s your competition, and what are they doing differently? If you’re asking yourself these questions, it’s time to do some market research!
ReferenceUSA‘s advanced search features can show you density maps of the locations, sales volume or employee size of businesses in a given area. This is a great way to choose a location for your new business.
Mergent Intellect offers a variety of Nielsen demographic reports on a geographic region of your choice. Reports include historical and projected population and number of households, plus data on race, ethnicity, household size, household income and more.
Not sure where to start? Gale’s Small Business Builder has the Small Business Resource Center built right in – they’ve got great tutorials and instructions on how, when, where, and why to start your market research. All of these resources are free with your library card!