Lots of organizations want to help you get your taxes done on time this year! All you have to do is bring in your tax documents (click here to get the full list!) and you’ll leave with your tax return on its way. Starting February 4th, check out these schedules to find out when your local library branch will host free tax helpers:
|Main Library at Goodwood
||Tuesdays and Wednesdays
||8 am till noon
||from Feb 4 through April 8
||Mondays and Wednesdays
||9 am till 11:45 am
||from Feb 3 through April 8
||various days: Feb 4,5,11,12,20,21,26; March 2, 3, 10, 11, 17,18,19; April 1,2,7,8,14
||9 am till 2 pm
||from Feb 4 through April 14
||2:30 pm till 4:30 pm on Sunday
||from Feb 1 through April 5
||9:30 am till 4:30 pm on Saturday
||from Feb 1 through April 5
||from 2:30 – 7:30 pm on Thursday
||from Feb 6 through April 2
||9 am till 1pm on Saturday
||from Feb 22 through April 11
||9 am till 11 am on Saturday
||from January 30 through April 14
||9:30AM – 12:30PM 1:30PM – 4:30PM 5:30PM – 8:30PM
||from Feb 1 through April 14
||9:30 am till 12:30 pm on Saturday
||from Feb 1 through April 14
And who could forget Super Tax Day, held at the Main Library on February 15th! They’ll be here till 5PM, no appointment necessary.
We’re going to do it again, and you won’t want to miss it! The 2020 Mid City Micro-Con will be held at the Main Library on Goodwood on Saturday, April 25th. Watch this space for upcoming details about special guests, panels, workshops, and more!
Join us at the Main Library on Goodwood for two classes on how to use the power of Google to build your business and jump-start your job search! On Thursday, January 23rd, you can take the following classes:
- Get Your Business Online, 1PM – With a Business PRofile on Google, your business can stand out for free across Google Search and Maps. Learn about Google’s tools for customer engagement and reaching new customers.
- Power Your Job Search with Google Tools, 3PM – Discover and keep track of job opportunities on Google Search. In this workshop, you will use collaborative tools of G Suite and Google Search to enhance your job search experience.
The 6th annual Baton Rouge Mini Maker Faire is happening in just ten short days – do you have your free tickets yet? This year, “The Greatest Show and Tell on Earth” features a fashion show, an aerialist show, demonstrations by the Society for Creative Anachronism, and so much more. Our makers range from beekeepers to robotics clubs to fashion designers, with a lot of stops in between. We’ve got programs on hand sewing, virtual reality, building your own speakers, and more! There’s something for everyone, and you don’t want to miss it.
It all kicks off next Saturday, October 19th, at 10 AM, all over the Main Library on Goodwood. You can find information about the schedule and list of makers on our website. We’re thrilled to be sponsored this year by BREC, the MidCity Makers Market, Coca Cola, Nothing Bundt Cakes, and Joann Fabrics. Register for a free ticket through EventBrite to be automatically entered into a drawing to win a Cricut Explore Air 2!
Grow with Google is coming to Baton Rouge! On Friday, October 11th, you can attend free workshops at the Scotlandville Branch Library and develop digital skills that will help you grow your business or find a new job. They’re even offering one-on-one coaching with a Googler to help you learn how to maximize your use of programs like G Suite, Google Ads, Google Analytics, and more. Here’s the schedule:
- 9:30-10:30 For Nonprofits – Discover Digital Resources to Empower Your Community
- 11:30-12:30 Reach Customers Online with Google
- 1:30-2:30 Get Your Business Online
- 3:30-4:30 Power Your Job Search with Google Tools
- **9:30-4:30 1:1 Coaching Available
Registration is required, and spots are limited. Find more information about the event and register online!
Join us and parters SCORE, SBA, and more for a free workshop on social media for business! Next Monday, September 16th, you’ll learn the basis of forming a business plan, managing your personal and business credit, managing your cash flow, the foundations of social media, increasing opportunities with merchant services, and start-up financing. Register online!
Over the past several years, the City-Parish has made tremendous strides in developing and launching exciting digital initiatives, platforms, and technologies being used to improve quality of life for Baton Rouge residents. From the Red Stick 311 mobile app and Open Neighborhood BR platform to our award-winning GIS program and mapping products, we are focused on using technology wherever possible to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and transparency of City-Parish government.
Join us at the Goodwood Main Library Saturday, August 3rd, from 2-5 PM to learn more, watch technology demonstrations, ask questions, and share your thoughts about additional ways we can work together to build a more digital and connected Baton Rouge.
For more information, call (225) 389-3070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Hampstead Stage Company at the Library this month for a special presentation of Stories in the Stars! Children ages 5-11 are invited to soar through the stars in this compilation performance of Greek myths. Hear stories of the wind, sun and moon, and seasons, plus explore various constellations and starry legends. Registration is required for all. For more information and to register, call the Children’s Room at the Library location directly. Here’s the schedule:
- 10 a.m. Monday, July 8, Delmont Gardens Branch
- 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 8, Jones Creek Regional Branch
- 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 9, Pride-Chaneyville Branch
- 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 9, Zachary Branch
- 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 10, Scotlandville Branch
- 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 10, Baker Branch
- 10 a.m. Thursday, July 11, Eden Park Branch
- 2:30 p.m. Thursday, July 11, Bluebonnet Regional Branch
- 10 a.m. Monday, July 15, Fairwood Branch
- 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 15, Carver Branch
- 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 16, Central Branch